Friday, June 19, 2009

Mystics Put to Sleep by the Dream

It was bound to happen sooner or later, but I will be the first to admit that I was praying for later. Tonight, the Mystics suffer there first lost this season to the Mystics 3rd String, I mean, the Atlanta Dream. Just kidding. I have to give props to fromer Mystics, and one of my favorite point guards of all time, Nikki Teasley, who lead her team to the first win ever against the Mystics. There defense was tight and all five starters shot double digits lead by former Houston Comet, Sancho Lyttle, who shot for 20 pts.

So, you like me have one question on your mind. What happened? And will it happen again tomorrow against the Chicago Sky. I wish I could weave you some intricate tale of constant back and forth, until in the last minute of the game, the Dream wrench victory away, but I can't. Instead, I will say that this team was outscored in the paint and at the line and to add insult to injury, out rebound. The downtime last week, resulted in J. Onino being dropped and Kristen Mann being resigned as star rookie Marissa Coleman is out for 4-6 weeks with an ankle sprain.

Us University of Maryland fans will have to wait on the Kristi Tolliver, Marissa Coleman Match Up that we were all waiting on. Instead, we will have to settle for wishing Kristi well , while we cheer Crystal Langhorne and the former Dukies to victory.

Safe travels from Atlanta, Mystics. Rest up and regroup for tomorrow's game.

No comments: